Worried about your debts or struggling to keep up with your minimum payments? We can help you get back on track with a plan to manage your debt and expenses better.
The Credit Counselling Society is a registered, Canadian non-profit service that has been helping thousands of Canadians since 1996. We have 20 offices across Canada and offer award-winning credit and debt counselling services. In fact, when we surveyed 10,000 of our clients, 98% reported they would recommend our services to others. When you need help, we are the trusted experts you can rely on. Overview of How We Help We really care about helping you deal with your debt issues and guiding you towards being debt free:
- 1) We will help you get started with a strategy to get out of debt and resolve your financial problems (we can even help with problems revolving around payday loans in any city across Canada including New Westminster)
- 2) We also help people eliminate or decrease interest charges from credit cards with our Debt Management Program
- 3) We help people learn how to use a budget and wisely use credit
- 4) We will help you investigate all of your options and decide which one will work best for you
- 5) We help people avoid bankruptcy
- 6) We help put an end to calls from collection agencies
- 7) Our program helps people pay off their debts by consolidating them into one manageable monthly payment that fits within their budget
- - We are an Accredited Member of Credit Counselling Canada, Canada’s national credit counselling association.
- - We are an Accredited Member of the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and have been for over 18 years. The BBB has currently graded us as an A+ business.
- - Within Canada, every single creditor works with us.
- - We don’t claim to serve all of Canada but then only provide service from large call centre or office in the U.S. like some other debt relief services. Instead, we open more offices every year in different communities across Canada. We do this to ensure that highly qualified, local, Canadian Counsellors who know their economic environment, regulations, provincial laws, and the local financial experts are available to help clients at a local level.
- - Ensuring the highest degree of integrity and accountability are important for us, so we annually have our books checked by an external auditor (we are currently the only credit counselling service in Canada that does this. Hopefully other services will soon do the same).
- - 98% of our clients say that they would refer the Credit Counselling Society to others.
- - We ensure that our Counsellors are trained professionally and certified (many other organizations don’t do this).
Certifications and associations
- Accredited Member of Better Business Bureau with A+ rating (highest rating possible)- Accredited Member of Credit Counselling Canada- Top 50 Best Workplaces in Canada 2018 - Great Place to Work Canada- Consumer Choice Award 2018 for BC
- Credit Counselling Society, NoMoreDebts.org, MyMoneyCoach.ca, Debt Management Program, Debt Settlement Negotiation Services