Worried about your debts or finding it difficult to keep up with your minimum payments or? We can help you get back on track with a plan to manage your expenses better and deal with your debt.
The Credit Counselling Society is a registered, Canadian non-profit organization that was established in 1996, and has been helping thousands of Canadians with debt or credit issues since then. There are 20 offices across Canada, where we help people with our award-winning credit and debt counselling services. After conducting a survey of 10,000 of our clients, 98% of them reported that they would recommend our services to others. When you need help, we are the best trusted experts that you can always count on. Overview of How We Help We really care about helping you resolve your debt problems and get back on track:
- 1) We will help you explore all of your options and figure out which one will work best for you
- 2) We’ll help you get started with a plan to deal with your financial problems and get out of debt (we can even help with issues revolving around payday loans in Winnipeg)
- 3) We also help people reduce or eliminate interest charges from credit cards and get debt relief in Winnipeg with our Debt Management Program
- 4) Our program helps people repay their debts with one manageable monthly payment that fits their budget
- 5) We help people in Winnipeg avoid claiming personal bankruptcy, but if bankruptcy or filing a consumer proposal in Winnipeg appears to be in someone's best interest, then we will refer them to a good trustee
- 6) We help put an end to collection calls
- 7) We help people learn how to budget and use credit wisely
- - We ensure that our Counsellors are certified and professionally trained (many other organizations don’t do this).
- - Within Canada, every single creditor works with us.
- - We are an Accredited Member of Credit Counselling Canada, Canada’s national credit counselling association.
- - We are the winner of the Consumer Choice Award in Winnipeg.
- - We are an Accredited Member of the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and have been for over 18 years. The BBB has currently graded us as an A+ business.
- - We don’t have claim to serve all of Canada but then only provide service from one office or large call centre in the U.S. like some other debt relief services. Instead, we open more offices every year in communities across Canada. This is to ensure that highly qualified, local, Canadian Counsellors who know their provincial laws, regulations, economic environment, and local financial experts are available to help clients at a local level.
- - We are ranked as one of the top 50 best workplaces in Canada by Great Place to Work Canada and were also specifically recognized for fairness in the workplace
- - To ensure the highest degree of integrity and accountability, we annually open up our books to an external auditor (we are currently the only credit counselling service in Canada that does this. Hopefully other services will soon do the same.)
- - 98% of our clients say that they would recommend our services to others.
Certifications and associations
- Accredited Member of Better Business Bureau with A+ rating (highest rating possible)- Accredited Member of Credit Counselling Canada- Top 50 Best Workplaces in Canada 2018 - Great Place to Work Canada- 2018 Consumer Choice Award for Winni
- Credit Counselling Society, NoMoreDebts.org, MyMoneyCoach.ca, Debt Management Program, Debt Settlement Negotiation Services