User terms and conditions
- As a user of the 411.ca Site, and in consideration for the availability and your use of the 411.ca Site, you agree to comply with all applicable laws and these Terms and Conditions when using the 411.ca Site. You agree specifically not to:
- misrepresent your identity;
- post, transmit, link to, or otherwise distribute any materials, information or content constituting, advocating or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability;
- defame, abuse, stalk, harass, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others, including without limitation, rights relating to privacy and publicity;
- upload viruses or other malicious code;
- bully, harass or otherwise intimidate any user;
- post material that is hateful, racist, threatening or pornographic;
- use the 411.ca Site to do anything that is unlawful, misleading, malicious or discriminatory; and
- post, transmit, link to, or otherwise distribute any information, material (including for greater certainty, software) which becomes a virus, cancelbot, trojan horse, work or other harmful or disruptive component.
Complaint review process
- (i) your name, address, and contact information;
- (ii) the specific review that you believe contains false, misleading or otherwise inappropriate content; and
- (iii) details regarding why such content is in fact false, misleading or otherwise inappropriate.
Ownership of website content
Managing your profile
- Ownership or License. The 411.ca Site provides mechanisms by which materials may be uploaded to a user's Individual Profile. For any material that you upload to the 411.ca Site, you automatically grant (or warrant that the owner of such material expressly grants) 411.ca and its affiliates and licensors a world-wide, perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable and non-exclusive right and license to use, copy, adapt, transmit, communicate, and publicly display such submitted materials.
- Restrictions on Uploading and Management of Content. By uploading any Content to your Individual Profile you agree that you are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm that may result from the Content. You hereby agree that you will not upload any Restricted Content, as specified herein. 411.ca reserves the right to remove content from your Individual Profile, when 411.ca has determined in its sole discretion that such content is Restricted Content.
Restricted content includes
- subject material;
- content that harasses or advocates harassment;
- content that poses a security or privacy risk;
- content that constitutes information that is false, misleading, libelous or defamatory;
- content that infringes upon a third party's intellectual property rights;
- content that violates the privacy rights, publicity rights or contractual rights of a third person; and
- content that promotes illegal or criminal activity.
Links to third party sites
Disclaimer and limitation of liability
You expressly understand and agree that: (a) to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the 411.ca sites, including any services or programs found thereon are provided on an ‘as is' and ‘as available' basis and that each of 411.ca, its agents, representatives and licensors and each of their respective affiliates (collectively the “411.ca group”) does not make any, and hereby disclaims all, representations, warranties, terms, conditions and endorsements (collectively the “warranties”) of any kind, whether express or implied , as to any matter hereunder, including without limitation, any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, title, accuracy, suitability, reliability, freedom from infections or viruses or completeness as well as any warranties arising by statue or otherwise in law or from a course of dealing or usage of trade; and (b) to the maximum event permitted by applicable law, the 411.ca group specifically makes no warranties that a 411.Ca site or any of the services, including any content, information, products or services obtained from or through the use of a 411.ca site will be provided on a uninterrupted timely, secure, or error free basis.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall 411.ca be liable for any loss of use, loss of data, loss of income or profit, loss of or damage to property, or for any damages of any kind or character (including without limitation any compensatory, incidental, direct, indirect, special, punitive, or consequential damages), even if 411.ca has been advised of the possibility of such damages or losses, arising out of or in connection with the use of the 411.ca sites, their contents, or any website or contents with which it is linked. In no event shall the program website's liability for all damages, losses, and causes of action, whether in contract, tort (including, but not limited to, negligence), or otherwise, the amount paid by you to use the services.