Is this your business? Claim this listing for FREE
The Old Surrey Restaurant is Surrey's best well kept secret, sitting on a parcel of land on 72nd Avenue and 134th Street. It is a freestanding building, built in 1918 and from the outside looks like an old school house or railroad station. It was the residence of Lou Jack and his household until it was converted into a restaurant in 1974.
The interior has an crisp, clean aesthetic that is enhanced by hardwood floors and the enlarged photos of historic Surrey that adorn the walls. There are five distinct dining areas on the top floor (including a cozy library) and a banquet facility downstairs. The cuisine is French in nature with a splash of West Coast flare. A treat for new and seasoned guests alike are the signiture dishes that are prepared and flambeed tableside. The restaurant is family owned and operated. The Aguirre family have now owned the restaurant since 1975. Not only have the Aguirres been providing excellent dining experiences for years but since 1984 the restaurant has entered into a partnership with the family farm in Ryder Lake overlooking Chilliwack from the nearby mountains. The Old Surrey is well known for its free-range lamb and veal allowing customers to enjoy fresh organic ingredients.